Instructions to develop and publish a new species ontology
- Download both the version 2.0 of the Guidelines version 2.1 and the Trait Dictionary Template version 5.2 from CGSpace repository
- Fill in the Template with the required information without changing any column
- Once you are ready:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a crop code. The CO Data Steward will make a final check with you and you will upload your finalized Trait Dictionary.
- We need you to provide some metadata to enable better attribution:
- Curator name
- Curator Affiliation
- Contributing Scientists or Crop expert group
- Creation Date
- You can always ask questions to the Helpdesk while developing your TD.
- For crop research concepts or agronomy trials parameters, we recommend the use of the Agronomy Ontology.
- For Crop Development Stages, refer to Plant Ontology (PO)
- CO is mapped to the Plant Trait Ontology of the Planteome Reference Ontologies so the quality of submitted TDs is important to facilitate the mapping. Crops currently mapped: cassava, cowpea, groundnut, lentil, maize, pigeonpea, potato, rice, sorghum, soybean, sweetpotato, wheat, yam.
- CO content is synchronized with the Ontology Look up Service (OLS) of the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and with Agroportal